Tuesday 2 August 2011

Plans afoot

 "Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and then go do that. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive'' Howard Thurman
 It's not going to take you long to realise what this email is about is it? Well... I am writing to let you know that Africa is calling me back. My heart is broken for the precious people there who need some love pouring into them. I know, I know, there's precious people who need love pouring into them here too - but this is what God has put on my heart ;) It makes me weep and skip for joy at the same time - the goodbyes make me anxious already. At the same time, my heart feels so full of joy at the abundance of goodness I see in my own life that it is fit to burst with a love and compassion for the people of West Africa and I just have to go. 

So I am soon to finish working as a nurse in Exeter - 31st March in fact. It has been a great place to refuel and reconnect but now it's time to go again. I'll be working from home initially for 'Willing and Abel' through the Vodafone World of Difference programme - they fund people to work for a charity for 2 months. Willing and Abel is the charity who I did the whole Regina thing with and I'm sooooo excited to be working with them. I also hope to do a follow up visit to Ghana to see how Regina is getting on whilst working with them. I've also just started the Diploma in Tropical Nursing at London's school of Tropical Medicine which is SO fascinating! Once it finishes in July, I will be heading back to work with Mercy Ships in early August - I will go for at least a year and may be longer - who knows! The ship will be in Sierra Leone until the end of the year and then I'm not sure where next...

I am THRILLED... I felt so bereft when I left before and never realised that I would get to go back. Looking back, I can see that this was a very necessary pit stop, but I didn't realise it at the time. I feel like God has healed so much in my own heart and shown me such goodness, I am ready to go and be part of Him healing lives inside and out again. If you don't know Mercy Ships, ask me... or visit www.mercyships.org . There's also a great little recent mercy ships video on You tube that says it all here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3pVMjBUUvA&feature=player_embedded#at=108  

SO..... MONEY.... I hate to mention it... but if you in any way feel able to support this venture either as a one off or as a monthly contribution, then I would be exceedingly grateful. As you may remember, Mercy Ships is a voluntary organisation which means not only do I not get paid, but I also have to pay for the privilege of working as well as paying for flights to get there. Last time I had a few people sponsor me £5-50 a month and I always had enough so I am hoping something similar will work out. If you think you might be able to help then please could you let me know soon-ish and I can send the relevant gift aid forms to you, so I get more for every donation. Finance is just the boring bit... if you can support me in prayer or sending a cheery email now and then, that would be AMAZING! Keeping in touch with home really was a life source for me and I know it will be again!

If you're receiving this, it's because you're someone who means a lot to me - someone who has cheered me on, supported me and encouraged me in all sorts of different ways. So thank you for all your support in the journey so far. How incredibly humbling to know that God has weaved our lives together... I truly feel so thankful for each one of you. 

I look forward to hearing more of what God is doing in your life and to sharing more of what He is doing in mine too... I only want the abundantly more than I can ask or imagine (Eph 3:20) and pray that for you too... may He blow your mind again and again,


love forever, K xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment